Results for Clients
Elizabeth Freedman’s consulting breathes new life into a Bootcamp program for a financial services powerhouse.
The need: Elizabeth Freedman was hired to breathe new life into the client’s Bootcamp program, a five-day, in-depth education program for new hires, new managers, and other professionals in the workplace.
The solution: Elizabeth Freedman delivered a comprehensive makeover to the bootcamp program, which empowered team leaders to keep the best of their existing program, and coached them where to make changes as needed. Elizabeth studied the program in-depth (and attended the Bootcamp herself), met with dozens of employees to asses the current level of needs being met by the existing program, and created a new, restructured program that would allow Bootcamp leaders to better meet the needs of employees and better serve the company’s broader goals and objectives in the process.
This allowed the client to:
- Build a knowledgeable workforce equipped with the tools to speak the language and understand the complex world of Finance in sophisticated terms
- Reinforce key information and core company messages, enabling employees to stay focused and accountable and live the brand
- Create a shared mindset within Bootcamp employees by emphasizing personal responsibility and individual accountability with team-building and individual exercise woven throughout the seminar
- Identify Bootcamp ‘boosters’ – pieces of information or ideas that allowed employees to put information into action and feel empowered immediately
- Build buzz for future programs, by creating a powerful brand and reputation to support the Bootcamp
“As a Senior Vice President responsible for Global Marketing, Communications and Training, we partnered with Elizabeth to better understand how we can improve our company-wide, global employee education and development efforts.”
“I have no doubt that the quality of our training program will improve tremendously because of our work with Elizabeth. Her analysis of our employee training program was extremely thorough, detailed, and offered dozens of strategic and tactical recommendations that our team can implement immediately. Her assessment was direct, straightforward, and highlighted her strong expertise within the training and development field.”
“As a result of the excellent feedback I received from the other members of my team regarding Elizabeth’s work, I plan to partner with her again on other aspects of our training efforts. Her work will make a big difference for future employees that participate in the training program, and it has also made a strong impact on the training team itself.”
Elizabeth Freedman helps professionals manage change and transition during a widespread company merger.
The need: In 2005, one of the world’s largest consumer products companies signed a deal to acquire another large company; the Financial Shared Services Division hired Elizabeth to help its 100+ finance employees manage the widespread organizational change and transition during this time.
The solution: Because many employees within the FSSD would find themselves in the job market as a result of the merger, Elizabeth provided an in-depth, two-part educational seminar to help employees understand how to market, communicate and sell their expertise in a competitive economic environment. She also provided hours of one-on-one coaching to a diverse range of employees – from entry-level to senior executives – creating individual action plans and customized solutions to equip employees for professional success post-Gillette.
- Employees were equipped with cutting edge tools and customized action plans to best position themselves for success in the marketplace
- Team competency – with an emphasize on sales and communication skills that could be applied to the current or future workplace of the division’s employees
- A strong employee – organization relationship to be maintained, even in the face of layoffs and widespread company transition
- One-on-one coaching – gave employees to have individual needs meet in an intense, action-oriented setting that produced results
“Your advice was absolutely awesome. I can’t tell you what a difference it’s made to me and my teammates.”
“You are helping me take charge of my professional life in ways that I’ve never done in over 20 years.”